Monday, October 11, 2010

Kyle and Atley Jacobs


Kyle and I met last October in a recording studio. Kyle and his band Fat Tree, composing of his two brothers and childhood friend, were recording for their firstt cd. I had a crush on the guy that was recording them but Kyle ended up stealing my attention. It has been nothing but fun since that day.

Kyle grew up in New Mexico with his parents and 3 brothers. He was in band constantly while in school. He started playing the piano when he was 7 years old. He is now a piano genius ( he didn't pay me to say that) and writes a majority of his bands songs. He then served a full time mission in the Nevada Las Vegas West Mission. Once he returned home he attended college to further his knowledge and love of music by specializing in music production and engineering. He now currently works at Wells Fargo as a Fraud Specialist, but in the evenings he practices with the band. They play all over the valley and are about to release their first cd. If you'd like to hear the music, which is a rock mixed with jazz sound, then check them out on Facebook.

I was born and raised in Mesa with my parents and brother and sister. I graduated from Mt. View high school and was constantly involved with music, including choir and particapating in the musicals. Being on the stage was one of my favorite things. I then attended ASU. I originally thought to major in photography but got there and aquired a love for all different art forms. So I ended up majoring in Art Studies, which is a little bit of photography, ceramics, drawing, music, theater and art history. I gradutated this past May with my Bachlors in Art. I now currently work at the Disney Store at San Tan Village Mall as part of the management team. The Disney life works with my bubbly personality and love of allowing my inner child out. Plus, one of my favorite places to visit is Disneyland. As a child we would visit at least once a year.

Kyle and I were engaged in January. He actually proposed to me on stage at one of his concerts after singing a song that he had written about me. I had no idea it was coming! We then got married in May. Our wedding day is definatly the happiest of both our lives. We both feel so grateful to have found each other. We now enjoy spending time together, watching movies, watching football, and going to concerts and plays.

No comments: