Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Steve & Katie Farnsworth ~~~Halle & Lizzie Whitney

As you can see by the title of our post, we are a blended family. Steve and I met while he was up going to BYU. I had been a single mom for about four years and was determined to keep it that way for a while longer...At least I thought. Steve served his mission in the Columbus OHIO spanish speaking mission and his ward mission leader had moved to UT. I was friends with his ward mission leader through the singles scene in UT. Steve had been at BYU for about a week and was ready to move back to AZ where home was. He was quite homesick, so his ward mission leader dragged him to a singles karaoke night to "cheer" him up. We met and it was history-at least Steve was when he decided at the end of a semester that "Utah wasn't his thing" that he was moving back to AZ where home was.

I came down to visit at Christmas time of '07 and got offered a great job doing the same thing I was doing in UT, so a month later the girls and I packed up everything and left everyone we knew to come start the new adventure we call Arizona! Five months later I married my best friend in the Mesa Temple. In 2 1/2 years of living here, we have made the trip up to Utah and back 18 times.

Steve is from Mesa and grew up in a small family with 2 sisters. I was born and raised in Sandy, UT and come from a very large family with 11 kids-now expanded to a total of 46-including 26 grandchildren under 12 yrs old.

Steve has worked with Sherwin Williams for the past 8 years and will be finished with school next May. Steve is passionate about the Ohio State BUCKEYES and football season at our house is just pure madness. Wings and pizza, yelling and lots of red every Saturday!

I have worked in nursing homes for the last 14 years and do the finance aspect of the business now. I am always on the go with the kids getting out to do new fun things. I just switched to digital scrapbooking from the old school. I love it! I also started taking cake classes and someday will be good enough to make wedding cakes.

Halle is our oldest-she just turned 8 and will be baptised in UT in a few weeks. She is very bright and loves to read and learn. Lizzie is 6 turning 7 in Dec. She also loves to learn and is very social. I have been blessed with such wonderful kids. They have been through alot and have turned out great---just wait until they are teenagers-right?? They go to a charter school and love it.

That's us in a few paragraphs. We have only been in the Ellsworth ward for a few months, but already love the people here. Steve works with the Scouts and I just got called to be a RS teacher. We look forward to getting to know more families in the ward!!

No comments: